Tuesday, December 28, 2010

BREAKING DAWN: Chapter 38-Power

CHAPTER SUMMARY: There's a lot of talking and a very short anti-climatic ending as the Volturi leave. Lamest battle, EVER.

NOTES/THOUGHTS/REACTIONS:
I literally don't care about any of this at this point. It's painfully obvious Meyer isn't going to kill anyone important, that the Cullens will live, and it'll be very boring and all of this boring exposition was just leading up to a boring and stupid ending. But Meyer does try a bit to get us excited I guess.
We open with the fight still going on. If one can call vampires pummeling Bella's Mary Sue love shield a fight. Basically all the Volturi try to break through Bella's shield and naturally fail because as Meyer states time and time again: Bella is awesome. Never mind that she suddenly knows how to use this gift at will when before she had trouble. Whatever, right? She's protecting everyone!
Then just as it looks like there's FINALLY going to be a fight. Aro goes "lets vote! Cause it'd be a shame to kill everyone of these people!" Seriously? Who the hell does that in the middle of an impending battle? This is so stupid I don't know where to begin so I'll move on. Then it's a rehash of the same old arguements that oh yeah, were told to us LAST CHAPTER. Stop freaking repeating yourself Meyer, I understand everyone's motivations at this point (even if those motivations make no real sense) MOVE ON WITH THE PLOT. If one can call this a plot.
Then Edward steps forward and of course is all reasonable and oh hello, turns out Renesmee is NOT the first of her kind. Suddenly new guy shows up and hey he was born the same way. Isn't it convenient how no one discovered him before this and he just happened to show up on time? Give me a break. Oh, he's also beautiful and it's hinted further on that he may try something with Renesmee later on. Great. I forsee a sequel involving Renesmee, this guy, and Jacob and because it's Meyer she'll probably go for the sexy white vampire instead of the guy who's been there for her all her life. I hope I'm wrong and that Meyer doesn't do this, but I have a feeling when her next books don't make much more money, this will be the route she goes. Oh, and in case you care, he's there because Alice and Jasper somehow conviently found him in time and hey! they're back!
Of course, we get the lame backstory of the new guy and it's just as absurd and awfully convenient as the rest of this book. I'll spare you details, mostly because I was yawning through it and wanted the battle to resume. Of course, I'm disappointed as the story manages to convince the Volturi to not attack. Stupid speech by Aro and suddenly they're all gone. LAME. Seriously, most anti-climatic thing I've ever read in my life. I've read FANFICTION that is better then this crap!
Much cliche celebrating is to be had after they leave. Boring chapter ends. One more chapter to go! THANK GOD.

WORD LIST: crux, exultantly
GENERAL ANNOYANCES: Lamest. Battle. EVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment